1, 9, 16, 17, 19, 31, 38, 42, 47
1. Why did you start riding? I was just one of those crazy horse girls from the age of about 7ish and because I was lucky enough to live on a lifestyle block with a few acres of land I talked my parents into buying me a pony at 10 years old :) and I wasn’t very good at team sports
9. If you could try a different discipline, which would you pick? Well my main discipline is Show jumping so i’d probably have to pick eventing - Then dressage.
16. Favourite part of the equestrian community? Probably that everyone knows something you don’t and you can never stop learning new things about horses/riding
17. Least favourite part? The bitchyness and the judging probably - also the expense of it all!
19. Worst advice you’ve ever gotten? Oh god lots. I might have to come back to this one. but definitely a lot at Pony Club years ago. compared to the top class training I get now (When I can afford it haha)
31. What are the goals behind the way you ride and train your horses? My goal at the moment is to get Sydney to HOY doing some 1.20m’s and then step it up next year to 1.30m’s and maybe Lady Rider of the Year, or the year after, depending on how our training goes
38. Favourite riding outfit? My long sergio grasso boots, with nice breeches and a polo shirt/ and my spooks puffer vest - I’m pretty boring, its what I wear everyday lol
42. Are there any styles/ trends/ etc that you don’t like in the horse world? I’m probably going to get shot for this, but i really don’t like the First Lady GPAs :/
47. Funniest show name you’ve ever heard? Stark Naked “John doe riding Stark Naked” pretty sure it may have been a racehorse name though actually.
Whenever I’m sad I just remember that all the adults at my barn do shots of tequila before their lessons
Looks like i found my future barn
before my friends first training xc ride at a show she took two shots
We don’t even go to horse competitions without a box of beer or a couple bottles of wine.
multiples of 5
I thought this was a weird maths question for a start!
5: Riding related pet peeve?
- I think my biggest pet peeve is people who don’t tie their hair back when riding and it falls in front of the helmet strap in their face. looks so messy!
- Also don’t like coloured stirrups.
- Not booting/bandaging horse for travel. And/or daily riding really - but I know i’m a little OCD about boots.
Oh look its me - I Wish I could see this tattoo more though! Any one recognise those face markings?
Me and Syd chilling by the Show jumping ring with Lou and Raj
10, 13, 16, 18 x
10: How many Tattoos/ per icings do I have. I only have my ears pierced. But for tattoos I have “Cruise” on my wrist. A butterfly on my arm (which im adding to next!) and this on my back!
13: Something I really really want: A horse float and a towing vehicle! oh and lots of money lol
16: Favourite Movies: Oh lots. “The Fault In Our Stars” more recently. But I love the Marvel movies too!
18: Favourite Bands: I don’t really have a favourite band as such! But as far as artists go, I’m a total Ed Sheeran fan!